Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Best Five Years...

...of our lives have been with this girl!


Not the best pic of the birthday girl (apparently, Josh tells me, I've been doing it all wrong telling our kids to say 'cheese'), but it's a good shot of her 'cake' this year. I didn't bake a full cake because I made muffins (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-carrot-muffins-3/) to take to her pre-K class earlier in the day, and we took the leftover of those to playgroup at the park with us afterward, so we had just five remaining at home, which was perfect because T-E-S-S-A. Unfortunately, Josh is not a mind-reader and didn't know about my genius plan, and he came along and ate one of the muffins before I could smack his hand away. Luckily, we had one sugar cookie leftover from when we made Halloween cookies two days after Halloween (it had been on my fall bucket list so I still consider that a victory), so I frosted that lucky cookie and stuck the number 5 candle flat on top as a substitute letter S. Crisis averted and genius plan salvaged!






This is a good shot of the streamers I put up. They're so fun and festive, I may leave them up for good! Or, until Christmas at least. I'm not much of a decorator, but these are making me happy. Also, Auntie Lindsey stopped by at the perfect time on her way to VA from AZ...there she is in the background! 


Tess, about to open presents...meanwhile, George is dragging around the balloon he beat into submission.


Art project + MLP in one = heaven for this girl. 


We love our Tess! Can't believe it's been five birthdays already. I'm pretty sure this just happened last week: http://famalley.blogspot.com/2008/11/sleep-sleep-sleep-all-day-long.html

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I was thinking about Emily's twin yesterday. I hope that she had a very happy day! :)