Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Since she's already mastered reading...

When Tess woke up from her nap today, she was rather upset to see my face hovering over the crib and not her mother's. To calm her down, I decided to let her play on my computer. She's pretty much obsessed with anything that has a screen...or has colors...or is plastic...or is her mom...or isn't not her mom.


Here she is doing a little programming. And again, I don't mean to brag or anything, but she's basically a genius. I know some of you might not be all that impressed by computer programming since companies like Intuit basically hire monkeys off the street to do their programming...but you're wrong. It's pretty amazing stuff, especially from a 6 month old. I asked her what she was working on, but when she gets in the zone, she only answers in binary. So I have no idea what she was saying.



Binary sounds like screaming.

6 comments:

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

You better be careful. Cole pulled a key off Michael's laptop when he was just a little older than Tess. And Eli spit up on mine once while I was trying to work and nurse at the same time. Fried the thing. And one of Michael's former co-workers had a kid who peed on his laptop. Babies and laptops are not a good combination.

LeGrand said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard all the horror stories. What fun is life if I won't have my own to tell?

FrugalProfessor said...

Ha! Monkeys! Ha!

Tiffany and Brad said...

Hey Changoton, I'll monkey you!

M said...

Oh man, I've never realized this, but Sam must speak binary too! How could I be so blind?

All those times when he's screamed in the middle of the night - I shouldn't have gotten up and interrupted his binary code conversions. Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me...

I'm glad Tess is such a genius.

Betancourt Family said...

I've decided that this is one of my most favorite blog post ever! I've probably read it 10+ times and I'm still laughing just as much! Tess you're one amazing baby!