Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby say what?..

Tess gets upset when Jaime walks out of a room and closes a door behind her, thus separating them FOREVER. A while ago, I started noticing that she says the exact same thing every time it happens. And I need help figuring out what it means. Luckily I was able to finally catch it on video while we were in Richmond:

The first time I heard her say this, I could have sworn she had just told me, "Mama is dead!"

Now when I hear it, though, it sounds more like she's been hanging out with a bunch of hispanic people and has picked up some espanglish: "Mama estay!"

Someone translate for me.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I definitely heard "mama is dead." That's pretty awesome. I discovered that our one year old uses her dad's name to swear. When she got her shots, she sat there the whole time screaming Dada over and over again in very angry and offensive ways. :)

Jami said...

Sounded like a very quick "Mama, it's me."