Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy International Museum Day!

To celebrate this renowned holiday we took advantage of free admission at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It was great because our personal tour guide (Josh) came along too. We've had a hankering to visit there for a while, but hey, $15/person is exprawnsive, man! Free, though? Free we can handle.

I did Tessa's hair up cute for the occasion - check out her first pigtails!!! I nearly died from the cuteness of it all. She nearly died from my squeezing the life force out of her and saying shmoopy things like "Ohhh! My baby's not a baby anymore!"







I had to turn on Dora to get her to stay still long enough for me to do them.



We had a great time looking at pichurs (and sculpchurs) at the museum. Here are Tess and I with a Rothko:



And with a large hanging Calder mobile:



We found this painting by Edouard Vuillard a little disturbing, though:



It wasn't the picture so much as the caption that made us do a double take:



Here are Tess and Josh outside in front of the Rocky steps:



And lastly, here is a video of Tessa taking a cue from Dada and giving us an art history lecture. Hope you enjoyed International Museum Day as much as we did!

2 comments:

The Sabeys said...

She is so big now, but still so cute! Hey if you guys ever want to head south... we will be living in Alabama starting in July

Tiffany said...

Jaime, First of all: I love your hair. It's super cute. Tess's is also super cute. The picture and caption cracked me up. Yup...kinda creepy. Also, let's get our girls together already. They will gladly watch Dora together and be happier than ever.

I miss you.