Monday, August 16, 2010

Does Tessa love YOU?

Did you hear that Josh's twin sister Kellie is living with us now? No? Well, Josh's twin sister Kellie is living with us now. There are lots of perks to this situation for us, not least among them being that she has a fancy MacBook Pro laptop that she lets us look at sometimes. I won't lie, it's pretty dreamy. As much as I love and appreciate my five-year-old Dell clunker - which has been a loyal companion throughout almost our entire marriage, consistently gets a better wifi connection than Josh's newer computer, and even survived falling from the roof of a moving vehicle that time last winter when I forgot it was up there on my way to Miriam's house (Yes. Yes, I did that.) - Kellie's laptop is undeniably a sexier piece of technology. Part of me feels like a cheating dirtbag for saying so, but there it is.

Tessa is particularly fascinated by the camera function on Kellie's laptop. Here she is a few days ago having a chat with Kellie while I am in the background writing something for the family email newsletter. (You may notice that I don't actually have my laptop on my lap. This is because the screen doesn't hold itself up anymore and now has to be propped up by the arm of the couch. I really need to jerry-rig it with duct tape or some other equally classy solution. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without," as Grandma would say!)

Anyway, if Tessa doesn't mention your name here, I wouldn't worry about it too much. She probably still loves you. Just not as much as Uncle Shane. :)

1 comment:

Jami said...

I'm so jealous. Little girls have such good communications skills. She is talking so well!