Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dedicated to Erin...

I actually had this whole thing written up before your comment on my last post. Very good timing!

I love photoshop. It may seem strange or cheating (it's definitely cheating), but I sometimes take a picture, load it on to the computer and think, "Well, that's not the way I remembered that," or, "That's not how I want to remember that." For example, I was trying to get a picture one day of Tess catching bubbles. But I was taking the pictures on an old phone, and I couldn't get fast enough to get the bubbles in between her hands:


So, I went in to photoshop and made it the way I had intended...the way I wanted to remember it:


A few more examples. Like this one at the beach in Jersey. This image by itself doesn't do the beach justice:


But a simple stitching together of multiple images did the trick, and this is how I wanted to remember it:


Here's one of Tess showing us all the stickers she put on herself:


But this is how I remember it:

(I don't want to brag too much, but you can see in the original, Tess didn't have the top of her head. I really shouldn't brag about that actually, since it was a very easy fix...)

This is a really old one of Tess walking down our driveway at Easter in 2010:


But in my mind, it was much more like this:


Really the whole purpose of this post was for those last two photoshopped images.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Wait the two bubble pictures are the same! Show us the correct BEFORE!!!

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

You totally fooled me with the last picture. I was sure that one was real.