Saturday, October 1, 2011

The next great thing...

Tess showed some interest in the camera the other day...and by "interest", I mean that she demanded to be allowed to use it. I thought it would be interesting to see what happened, so I got out our older camera and showed her how to take a picture and sent her on her way. Her first photoshoot was pretty impressive.

It started out with a portrait of her favorite Dad:


And her best girl. She really captures both our essence and personality.


At one point while Tess was running around with the camera, I heard Jaime say, "Um, my eyes are up here, weirdo!"





I submit to you the greatest self-portrait ever taken...by a 2 year old...who is a quarter Samoan...in Atlanta...and is deathly afraid of slides.


The rest of the shoot seemed to focus on things that are important to her. Or maybe me:


A portrait of her comfy star blanket. It's a great self-portrait:


Her name. Referencing the egotistical nature of society today best exemplified by Facebook, Twitter and Blogs:


Her diapers. A love-hate relationship:


The Southwest (it's pretty):


Finally, she got a little crazy. I'm not sure what this is at all, and that's when I knew she had made it as an artist. It might be my face.


***Before any Ansel Adams fans get really angry, Tessa didn't take that picture of the Southwest. I hope I insulted your intelligence by typing that. I also hope at least one of you is dumb enough to think a 2 year old took that photo!

No comments: