Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We've been learning Spanish...

Here is our little genius speaking espanich:

Can you believe we have barely taught here any spanish at all? Some of us here (and by that I mean all of us) don't wake up in time to make it to church at 9am. We are always a little late (and by a little, I mean a lot). So, after our regular church, we've been attending the Spanish branch to partake of the sacrament. It's been nice seeing if I can still spanish. But alas I'm not very spanishy.

After church each week, I ask Tess if she knows spanish, and she usually says yes and mumbles something like: "luhluhluh lohl lohl luh." Recently she has started what you saw in the video. If you ask her how to say something in spanish, she'll repeat what you said, but with a scrunched up face while speaking in a lower voice. And that is spanish.

3 comments:

canne said...

this made me laugh. i love that very spanish word: tomato. Also, jaime is looking really pregnant!

M said...

Ha! Very funny.

(Are there Americans speaking Spanish in this ward? Perhaps she is picking up on who is struggling with the language, and that's where the scrunched-up face comes in? Ha ha!)

Aaron said...

This is amazing. I watched it first at school without sound. I could not have imagined how well she spoke Spanish. Her tongue is so fluent, I feel like even I could understand some of the language even if you weren't dictating what was to be said.

Although my favorite part of the video is when Tessa looks back at her mommy and you realize Jaime is bending over in the frame and so you move the recording device slightly. Muy beuno!