Saturday, April 21, 2012

We have kids...

We finally have kids! Our little boy finally decided to not be a horrible person and was born this morning at 10:56. We had an ultrasound last week and it showed a baby with chunky cheeks. And he came out weighing 8 lbs 7 oz. But really all his weight was in his nose. Jaime keeps getting upset with me for saying it, but he's about 80% nose. 10% arms/legs. 10% poop. He's pooped 5 times already since coming out. But we still think he's cute.

Jaime made it through labor like a champ. She really was absolutely amazing. I can't stress how nervous I was about the natural birth, and I am just amazed at the wife I have. I really do believe she was meant for me. I am so terribly unsympathetic, and yet she is the most pleasant woman I know. So, I don't know why I was so nervous. She didn't seem to know this morning that she was going through labor and was supposed to be grumpy, swearing and monstrous. If I were going through labor, I would view it as a free pass at saying all the worst swear words as many times as I could before it ended. But not Jaime. She just breathed and "meditated" and even cracked a smile after doing some pushing. She's not right in the head. The doctor and nurse actually congratulated us on being the best at birthing they've ever seen. We agreed with them that we are the best.

Enough of that. Here are pictures...

Right after coming out and still with nastiness all over him. I actually watched him come out, cut the cord and saw the placenta. I had vowed not to do any of those things. I really don't know why I did. They'll haunt me forever.

Here he is cleaned up but looking beat up:

And finally after it all, looking content:

I'll put up more pictures and videos later.

We named him George Kells, which hasn't been too popular with a lot of people we've told. But you all didn't get to choose, suckers! AHAHahahahahaaaack! Anyhow, we've done a good job going with family names with our kids. Tess isn't a family name, but Tailua (her middle name) is Jaime's grandma. This is George's name's history/genealogy:

George Kells Alley (2012)
             |
Josh Alley (1981)
             |
George LeGrand Alley (1955)
             |
John Richard Alley (1920)
             |
George Alley (1878)
             |
Stephen Webb Alley (1832)
             |
George Alley (1792)

I highlighted the name George there in case you didn't pick up on the trend. 220 years of George's. We couldn't break the trend! And his Aunt Kellie won this year's NCAA bracket tourney, so giving him her name only seemed fair! Tess was named by her Grammy who won the tournament in 2008.

4 comments:

M said...

Who-hoo! Congratulations! George is a noble name. I think it suits your little man's distinguished nose.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

I love his name! I love dad, I love Kellie, it's perfect. The only problem is that I already get Cole's and Kellie's names confused, so if you call him Kells, I will never be able to get it straight.

Also, I just realized that you and Jaime are Grandma and Grandpa Alley. Grumpy Jack and super sweet Mary Jean. And Jaime even looks like Grandma...I mean...maybe that theory has a few holes.

FrugalProfessor said...

Congrats on the baby. Your post made me laugh. The role of the reluctant cheerleader is a tough one to pull off.

No meds? Tell Jaime never to talk to Tiffany.

Cara said...

Go Jaime, I knew you could do it! I want to hear your birth story. Any chance you guys are planning to come to Richmond in June when the Vaughan's will be in town? Would love to see you and meet George!