Sunday, September 28, 2014

Packing up...

So, I thought I could make myself get back into the blarfing. But it is just so blepht. And California is crazy expensive. They say that, and then you move here. And they aren't lying. So, I've just been working like crazy to get the monies, and when I have some down time, typing a blog thing is the last thing I want to do. Eating ice cream is the first through tenth things. So, blogging is really far from my top priorities.

Anyhow, I thought I would just type up a quick post here about our getting packed up for our trip. We decided to take that crazy trip all over the country, so packing a U-haul truck and driving it across the world was not an option. Instead, we decided to rent some pods. We packed them up and let U-haul do all the moving of the junk. We rented two pods, and it was good we did because we had them completely packed. And that was after getting rid of a ton of our stuff--including our large couch, kitchen table and other things we would need.

Here is most of our junk in piles in the living room before we packed it into the pods:


Moving is the worse, and we were fortunate to get help from friends and the missionaries. Here are Jaime and George in front of the packed pods:


And with them crazies out of the way. Packed to the brim:


We had told my sister Erin that we would be to her house on like a Wednesday, and we didn't end up leaving until Friday because Jaime is too good of a person and cleaned this apartment from top to bottom. It's always crazy to see the place where you have lived completely empty:


  It was a pretty good apartment for us, and it was hard to say goodbye to our friends and the area. But we got the place emptied. We cleaned it all up. Locked the door for the last time and got in the car to head to North Carolina.

No comments: