Saturday, June 21, 2008

Kickin it old school

Our baby kicks now. Well, if she's normal, she's been moving and swimming the whole time, like any typical amphibian. However, Jaime just recently started feeling her kicking, punching and jazzercising.

Last night I got to feel her kick for the first time. Jaime has noticed a lot more activity from the baby after eating cookies, so we made a deal with her where Jaime would eat a bunch of Keebler mint grasshoppers (a treat for both of them), if the baby agreed to perform. Jaime definitely upheld her end of the bargain, and I helped too, just to be supportive. And after a while, Jaime put my hand on her stomach and there was this little tap of gratitude. The kick was a little too weak to show any promise on the soccer field, but we'll work on bending it like Beckham when she's a little older...like 32 weeks. Right now she just needs to be a kid.

Overall, I felt like I bonded with my baby a little knowing that she is just as easily motivated by cookies as her dad!

No comments: