Saturday, September 4, 2010

Trying not to be so lazy about blogging...

We've had a pretty fun last month or so with family. And so there are some things to write about, but I've been too lazy to do it. On the 23rd of August (Tuesday), we drove down to Raleigh to see my sister. I actually only stayed an hour and left Jaime and Tess there so I could drive down to Atlanta for a job interview the next day. Then after my interview, I drove right back up to Raleigh, and got to spend most of Thursday with Erin and her boys.

Here are some of the highlights from the trip:

Marbles Museum
Erin and her boys really enjoy this museum, so we thought it would be a fun day activity. Jaime's cousin Chelsea and her two kids also met us there. I think everyone had a great time.

Tess hiding inside a safe:


Tess definitely loved the place. Her favorite area was the Splash Zone, and she had to be dragged kicking and screaming from it.


Not too sure about her cousin's driving:


So she found her own ride:





I love this picture. Jaime and Chelsea wanted to get a picture together with their kids, and then my nephew (striped shirt) decided to jump in as well!


Members of the Alley clan:


Driving through South Carolina
I'd never been to South Carolina before. In one of the Carolinas I saw this huge water tower that instead of having the boring old bulb on top, had a giant peach. It was neat, except it would have made more sense to me in Georgia.

That one time I got a job not scrubbing toilets
While my nephew was jumping into pictures, I was on the phone listening to a voice mail message from the people I interviewed with telling me they were really impressed. So then I had Jaime listen to the message, and her face deleted it. I've been scrubbing toilets to put food on our table and been completely stressed out for the last 20 months with my crummy job situation, and finally someone shows some interest in hiring me for a job I would love and HER FACE DELETED IT! Luckily, the lady that called, also sent me an email and I was able to reach her. And...they gave me the job! I'm sure most anyone that reads this blog already knew, but we'll be moving to Atlanta in the near future where I'll be teaching at the Art Institute of Atlanta.

6 comments:

Karon said...

Congratulations! I hope you love Georgia!

E-Dawg said...

Congratulations again!

KevandChels said...

Congratulations!!!!! That'll be fun to have you in the South!

Betancourt Family said...

"her face deleted it."....that is just too much!!! I could hardly explain to my husband why I was laughing so hard!! Poor you..poor jamie....oh man, priceless!

M said...

Very fun pictures. And CONGRATS on the job, Josh! YAY! Do you start in the next few weeks? What classes are you teaching first?

P.S. Richard Rose says hi. :)

LeGrand said...

Classes start on October 4th. They run quarters, so it will be like 10 week terms, which will be a new experience. They also have the big 2 survey courses divided up into 4. So I think I'm teaching prehistoric to 330 AD, and then Baroque to modernism (1600 to 1945.