Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No, Erin, it's not too late for Christmas pictures...

...especially when they look like these.

 Opening presents on Christmas Day with this lil' gal:



And this lil' guy:

I love making lefse. Probably my favorite family tradition.


 We got to experience new restaurants that included giant pillars of fire:

Tess created her first drawings of recognizable things. This is our family. I almost cried, I was so proud. I think the ones with the super long legs are her parents:

 And we got to play in the park:
 And came home to a clean house. This is a painting I promised to paint for my sister many years ago. But I hate it, and so does my easel, which died after having to spend the whole Christmas break with it:
It was a good trip.


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

That drawing rocks! Do you guys have some superheros in your family? Seriously though, I love the learning to draw phase! I just hope that Tess isn't a perfectionist like Emily. If she's trying to draw something and it doesn't turn out perfect (which it never does b/c she's three), she starts sobbing, "But it doesn't look like I wanted it to!" Anyway, your posts always make us laugh. Good job. :)

Aaron said...

For you: the seven things I love to see.

1) Most people see a child embracing the spirit of giving. I see a youngster expressing their knowledge of marginal cost and economies of scale. Also, I imagine some poor witness hoping neither gets dropped as she shakes to uncover their hidden mysteries.

2) Quick thinking, and Resee's save another wall from completely being devoured.

3) A griddle for Christmas? Best Christmas EVER! Although, one thing you wouldn't see if this was my picture, luggage, it would not even make it out of the car. (Oh and thanks for the wikipedia link)

4) Less sweat than the last time I witnessed this scene. I wonder, had I taken a picture then would anyone have smiled for it. I thought about taking the same shot, but the cook was in the way.

5) The refrigerator is old school.

6) Motion, maybe? No, the future of cloning.

7) il s'est passé soit un accident, soit un crime

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

I love Aaron's comment about dad eating the wall...

Kellie said...

At first I didn't even notice the wall behind dad, but then I saw it. Aaron is super funny!! Thanks for the in-depth look at the pictures. I would have missed many important details!!

LeGrand said...

From now on, I think I'll just send my pictures to Aaron and have him write up the post!