Sunday, June 17, 2012

You probably say that to all the girls...

Tess is obsessed with pretending. One part of me thinks it's awesome that she is so creative and imaginative, but then the other part of me is really tired of having this conversation:

Me: Tess go pick up your toys.

Tess: You mean Peter Pan.

Me: I don't care who you are! Go clean up.

I would describe her as a method actor. She really gets in to the part. Some times it's okay, except that she doesn't do a great job assigning us the characters we want to play. Jaime often is hideous Isma from Emperor's New Groove. And I'm usually stuck as Wendy from Peter Pan. Although that did just lead to this conversation:

Me (I mean Wendy): oh Peter, you're my favorite lost boy.

Tess (I mean Peter Pan): oh wendy, you're my favorite girl.

Me: You probably say that to all the girls.

Tess: Yep. I do say that to all the girls.

The pretending also might be better if it weren't so confusing.

Me: Peter Pan you still haven't picked up your toys.

Tess (to Jaime): Why did he call me that?

Me: Aren't you Peter?

Tess (condescendingly): Oh, Michael. I'm Wendy. We switched.

Me: Please just put this rice crispy treat in your mouth and stop talking.

The mind games have to end!  It's liked playing make believe with someone who suffers from multiple personalities and schizophrenia.

Plus I'm on to her elaborate ruse to keep from ever having to clean up toys.

No comments: