Saturday, July 5, 2008

Which is worse for a baby's aural development? Loud explosions or a Miley Cyrus concert?

In honor of our baby's recently developed fully-functional ears, we decided to celebrate by exposing her to repeated loud explosions for the 4th. The baby, who takes after her mom, slept through the whole thing. All and all, she found it rather dull. What do babies know, anyway? Can you really trust someone who just a couple of months ago had a tail and gills?


Even though the baby was all together unimpressed by the fireworks display (she didn't stir once), her parents always enjoy seeing the Stadium of Fire. We did not attend the preceding Miley Cyrus concert--partly because of the ticket prices and partly because it was a Miley Cyrus concert. We were afraid the babies newly developed aural capabilities would be permanently damaged by crappy pop songs like "7 Reasons Why I Hate You, Which are Also Reasons Why I Love You and I'm Really Too Young to Even Know Anything but I'm Rich". If only she were a bit more like Hannah Montana. Now there's a girl that can sing! I also hate High School Musical. There. I said it. It has nothing to do with Independence Day, our baby or Miley Cyrus, but I just had to say it.




Back to the fireworks. Homer Simpson probably said it best: "celebrate the birth of your country by blowing a small piece of it up." We really needed something like that to help make up for a long week of work, even if it was only 4 days. So, we drove up to campus and watched the show from the north side of the Hinckley Alumni Building. I took a bunch of pictures for anyone that is weird like me and finds pictures of fireworks interesting. Just click on one of the pictures to see the album. Here's a video too in case you don't remember what fireworks look and sound like.

3 comments:

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

How can you not like High School Musical? You just dropped a few notches on the "Favorite Uncle" roster in Cole and Eli's opinion.

LeGrand said...

I've dropped many notches on most peoples' lists. But I couldn't keep living a lie allowing the world to think that I enjoy those movies!

Tiffany and Brad said...

High School Musical is vile rotten filth and I commend you for your statements.