Thursday, November 6, 2008

Baby Photos

Things have settled down a little bit, and I can finally put up some pictures for everyone. The delivery went fine, although Tess was very uncooperative. Jaime had to push for a couple of hours, and finally the doctor just went in with forceps to get her out.

We got to the hospital around 8:15pm a little anxious that Jaime hadn't really started labor and would be turned away. She had been having contractions all day long. Luckily, she was in labor. She also didn't have to wait long for her epidural which was a huge relief. After the epidural, we basically just had to sit there for hours waiting until it was time to push. I kicked her trash in Blokus. The baby was posterior and pushing went very slow. It didn't help that the umbilical cord was also wrapped around the baby's throat, which caused her heart rate to drop every time Jaime had a contraction. Still, the doctor was able to get her out safe and sound. And Tess looks just like her mother. It's as if Jaime found a way to asexually reproduce.

Here are a few pictures, and if you click on them, they'll take you to a web album with some more. Enjoy!



Jaime is doing great as a mom and is loving all the time with her little girl.







And the hospital setup this website for us as well with a professionally taken picture: click here

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yea! Your pictures are awesome! I love wrinkly baby hands and feet!!! Tessa is BEAUTIFUL and we can't wait to meet her someday!! :)

Lalis said...

Congrats!! She's adorable.

FrugalProfessor said...

Congrats!!! Legrand, I'm going to let you in on the best kept secret in the world...baby poop is mustard yellow (for breast-fed babies, after all of the tar poop is done)!!! It defies all reason. Even more surprising to me is the vow of secrecy surrounding this fact. How come I didn't find out until I looked into my daughter's diaper and was horrified to find the neon yellow poop. Seriously...we paid good money for a parenting class, and the nurse had the audacity to hide this much needed information from me.

Speaking of diapers, we didn't change a single diaper while we were in the hospital. Milk that for all it's worth!!!

Karon said...

Congratulations! Tess looks beautiful!

Betancourt Family said...

She is gorgeous and so is her momma! Congrats! Good luck.

oh and I love the movie clip! Entertaining for the on looker scary for the food source.

Michelle (Martinez) B.

PS I'm sure you may be wondering how in the world did this girl find me? Well, I don't remember who I clicked on that had you guys listed. Sorry for being a secret stalker for a few weeks. :)

canne said...

what IS her middle name? Still no one has told me.

LeGrand said...

Jaime decided on Tailua. But is forbidding anyone from calling her T.T.