Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Funk...

Tess is an awful baby. I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it. She's as cute as can be...but just aaaaawful. She hates sitting. She hates laying down. She hates being cuddled, but always has to have someone holding her. She's a screaming ball of contradictions. We about lost our minds until Miriam reminded us we have an exersaucer that the Funks gave us.


Tessa loved it...for 7 minutes and 37 seconds. But that is 3 times longer than she has liked any other toy we've tried to entertain her with! So, we have high hopes for this thing. It should be exactly what she wants since she doesn't have to sit or lay down. It makes her think she's standing up and has lots of things to grab her attention.


At first she had a little trouble with the Sesame Street characters staring at her. She must have thought they were eyeing a potential cuddle buddy. After realizing that strangling them wouldn't actually accomplish anything, she decided to just be friends. Sorry, you can't really see her face in the video.


She's gotten really handsy lately too. A couple of days ago she got very upset with me while I was holding her because I wouldn't let her stick her hands in my mint chocolate chip ice cream.


3 comments:

The Sabeys said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. She is cute as can be and I am pretty sure she isn't awful :)

M said...

Three cheers for exersaucers!

Unknown said...

What a great toy to help work on some motor skills!! You could also start fine tuning some cognitive skills by point naming off the colors and shapes that are present. You could also start introducing the doll's eyes, hands, and feet to her too.

Do you like how I was trying to sound all professional and show off my knowledge to you?