Friday, December 3, 2010

5 Moves in 5 Years...

We are reunited! Over Thanksgiving break, we met up in Raleigh and then we all drove down here to Atlanta. It's been interesting. Jaime said she realized she was back in the south when we stopped for gas in one of the Carolinas, and she overheard some lady trying to trade some meat for gasoline! Then the next day after making it to Atlanta, Tess told me, "No, Daddy. I not move a Georgia." That initial rejection seems to have worn off.


Jaime let me know this is our fifth move in five years. So even though we aren't particularly close to any family (my parents are now about 5 hours from us), we hope this one sticks for a while.

Previously, I had been updating our header image every now and again when big events happened. So I've done that in honor of our big move to Atlanta:



I've also included some of our previous headers. This was done around the time we moved to Philadelphia and Tessa's blessing:


And this is our first one with the mountains in Provo and ultrasound of Tess:


We were really sad to leave our family behind in Philly, but every thing about this move and job has been mind bogglingly amazing. We love you the Raines family! and you too Kellie.

6 comments:

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

We've moved six times in nine years!

LeGrand said...

It's time to settle down! In the last ten years I've moved 15 times. and that's not including going home for the summers to mom and dad's. But the first five years weren't so bad considering I didn't have any furniture and could fit all my belongings in a few suit cases and a couple of boxes!

The Sabeys said...

I am so excited! You guys are so close. Hope you know we might be calling on you a lot for a place to stay and for help when the temple opens up.

LeGrand said...

We're looking forward to it, Cameo!

M said...

Yay for being reunited! I approve. :)

I look forward to hearing more about your job and future Atlanta adventures.

KevandChels said...

Woohoo! GLad you're getting settled and back together!