Friday, August 15, 2008

Body Movin! Body Movin!

Don't tell Jaime, but I'm posting this picture of her that I know she'll hate! I love it though because it says so much about this pregnancy:
"What the giant belly?! Pregnancy is a B."
"Stop kicking and punching me there!"
"Ach! You're already wearing me out."
"When you come out, we are gonna have words, baby!"

But in reality this is a look I expect to see very often when I get home from work each night after this baby comes out. It's a dejected look of irritation directed at an uncooperative child. Jaime called me over because the baby was moving alot. So I grabbed the camera in hopes of videotaping something. We recorded 16 minutes which turned out to be the most boring 16 minutes of my life. I've always wondered how much I would like staring at someone's stomach for 16 minutes, and I'm sorry I now know. Jaime's look in this picture is really saying, "Come on! Move you fetus!" At least the baby is consistent and knows to behave around me. As soon as she senses I'm near, she sits up straight in her chair, looks forward and doesn't make a move.

Jaime jokes that it's an omen that the baby will be uncooperative. I, on the other hand, think it's a great sign. She'll misbehave all day long until I get home and then sit calmly without making a noise while I watch TV all night. Every now and then she'll get distracted and start to stir, and I'll just remind her, "Honey, Daddy's watchin' his stories..." Then silence again. That's how children are right? RIGHT?! Oh dear me what have we gotten into?

Anhyhow, after 16 minutes of staring at Jaime's stomach for any sign of movement, we do at least have this marvelous 5 second clip to share! Right at the end, the baby kicks a little on the right side of Jaime's belly. Hopefully you can see it.

4 comments:

brown_sheep said...

funny entry title

Tiffany and Brad said...

Man, I think that registered like 7.2 on the richter scale.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

THat was cute! I totally saw it!

Tiffany said...

i love this post because i do that to brian all the time (minus the video camera). the baby can be doing a full on gymnastics routine in my belly...but as soon as brian looks or touches me, she is totally still. i think he thinks that i make her movement up. rough. unfortunately for you though LeGrand...Megan was the same way, and for some reason it doesn't work so well once she was out of my belly...she doesn't care if Brian's around or not..she's crazy.