Saturday, August 23, 2008

Three Years and Still as Poor as Ever


Jaime and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary this last week (on the 19th). Unfortunately our plans of being wealthy enough to retire after 3 years hasn't happened. Still, we didn't let that ruin our celebrations. So, the romantics that we are, we decided to hike back to Stuart Falls where I had carved "Will You Marry Me?" in a tree over 3 years ago (pictured above--a little hard to read these days, and from this angle looks more like "Will you mar me?"). Actually, I'd never been to Stuart Falls before or ever carved anything into any tree, but I really wanted to see this waterfall. That's why I forced a pregnant woman to walk 4 miles up and down a mountain with me. She sure is a great wife!

The signs say it is like a 2 mile hike to the cascades, and the hike wasn't difficult. I actually enjoyed hiking with a very pregnant woman because we got to take frequent stops, which I needed but wouldn't have taken otherwise.

It's a nice hike and has a lot of interesting plant life to look at.

Finally there! I climbed to the top of the bottom falls and tried to take a picture of the upper falls. The sun wasn't much help but made for an interesting effect.

After climbing so much, I needed to cool down. So, I decided to stand underneath the waterfall. It was a little more difficult than a daily shower. The mountain water was freezing and it felt like someone was smacking me on the head and back repeatedly.

Jaime also wanted to cool down with the water, but this is as close as she could get before the baby started screaming, "Don't you dare take another step towards that waterfall!!"




On the hike back, we walked past a bunch of bumble bees. They aren't the most photogenic creatures, they're too preoccupied to hold still long enough. Anyhow, after the hike, we went home, showered, and then went to eat at the Bombay House (where I actually did ask Jaime to marry me).

2 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

You trickster, I was totally thinking, "ahhh, Josh is Romantic!" But then I read about BOmbay House, and thought, "Well, at least he has good taste in food!!!"

Jennifer Rae said...

That is awesome. Jamie I hope you are feeling well!

Lots of Love,
Jennifer