Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dancing Baby

Jaime's been suffering lately from Restless Baby Syndrome. Our last experiment in making a video of the baby didn't work too well since the baby wouldn't move while the camera was on her. So last night we were hoping to capture some good movements on camera.


We've also been trying to expose the baby to wholesome music. And by wholesome, I really just mean anything that isn't Miley Cyrus or High School Musical. So, in the car, Jaime's been ghetto blasting KBYU 89 to help familiarize the baby with bumpin jams like "Canon in D", Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", and other Classical favorites. We really like that station. In my effort to keep a pop-free household, I've been making Jaime let me hold a cellphone up to her stomach to pump it full of music I like. And tonight it woke the baby up pretty well and got her dancing. This video is pretty cool. There's lots of movement--just watch the phone bobbing up and down. I think the baby was trying to kick the phone off of Jaime's stomach and at one point if you turn the volume up really loud, you can hear her yell, "Where's my Jonas Brothers?!"


This video is long and I'm not sure it is too obvious, but if you watch the phone closely, you will see that the baby got the hiccups after all that dancing. Every few seconds, the phone jumps a little.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What in the world was that music you made her listen to? I couldn't recognize it.

LeGrand said...

Beirut. She actually requested it.