Friday, October 24, 2008

My unspectacular quirks

Woo Woo! I came up with a list of 36 of my quirks because Jaime said I have 6 people worth of them. I won't list them all because it will bore you. Here are the most spectacular of my unspectacular quirks. Or maybe the most unspectacular...what exactly makes one quirk spectacular and one unspectacular? I'm not re-listing all those rules, and I'm not gonna tag anyone.

1. When my shower is about to end, I can never remember if I have already washed my hair or not. So, if I can't remember for sure, I wash it just to make sure. I'm positive that 3 days out of 7, I wash my hair twice.

2. I prefer to wear my T-shirts inside out. This is for a number of reasons. Here are 2 of them... I'm too lazy to turn a shirt right-side out if I find it inside out. And I hate serving as a walking billboard for clothes companies.

3. Unlike Jaime, I do not like second-hand clothes. I do not like large crowds because there is a chance of being touched by someone. I hate being touched by strangers...and really anyone who isn’t my wife. Wearing other peoples' clothes is like wrapping another person around me. But I love that Jaime enjoys the second-hand shops and hope she passes that on to our kids.

4. I relive past arguments in my head, especially when walking to school or work. I usually stop when the argument gets SO heated that I catch myself saying something out loud, gesturing, or making a ridiculous expression to show the person in my head that I don't agree.

5. I plan my week around my stories (soccer). I don’t schedule classes from 1pm-4pm because a Tuesday or Wednesday game could be on at that time, and on Saturdays, the world is dead to me until around noon. And then again if there is a game I need to watch in the evening. I love sleeping in more than anything, but I will wake up at 6am on a Saturday morning to watch a soccer match. My dream job is to some day be a soccer club.

6. Finally, I hate math, but numbers are very important to me. I have very strict rules when it comes to their use. First off, prime numbers are the best. That's just a fact. It says so in the Bible...And seven is the King of the primes (maybe the Queen. I'm not sure about number gender). Here is a break down of my rules where numbers are most used:

--For alarm clocks: the last digit should be a 1 or 7 and can never, NEVER be a 5, 0 or a dirty even number. So, my alarm is usually set to something like 11:01.

--Microwaving: I prefer things to cook for 1 minute 47 seconds. This has become a habit and has caused me to overcook many things. Otherwise, the same rules from alarms apply.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Most latin languages consider numbers to be male :)

And 11 is a much better prime number than 7 :) And just in case anyone cares, prime numbers are extremely important. The security of online shopping depends entirely on really large prime numbers.

M said...

I totally relive arguments in my head too, and I sometimes end up blurting out things or making unpleasant faces in public as well. I've done this as long as I can remember. One time I was sitting by myself, riding the bus home from elementary school. I remember catching myself making a defiant expression and saying "Nuh-uhhhh!" to myself. I was especially embarrassed because other kids on the bus saw me and undoubtedly thought I was crazy.

art history alli said...

Hi Josh!!! So glad I can now blogstock you!!
You are a total freak, but in the loveable way :)
I usually set the microwave in 45 second intervals which usually leads me to undercook everything (or way over cook) but that's not b/c of numbers, just that I'm lazy and set in my way.
Let us know when Baby Alley makes her grand entrance!!!
Good Luck Jamie!

stenkil's mom said...

Surely you love getting hugs from your mom!!!!!!

stenkil's mom said...

I'm glad Jaime loves you!