Thursday, November 14, 2013

A stream of consciousness list, heavy on the My Little Pony


  • If I were a betting woman, and I wanted to make a wager against you that I knew I could win, it would be "how many times have you seen the movie "My Little Pony: Equestria Girls," where the ponies all turn into humans. 
  • I guess My Little Pony felt they had exhausted the pony market, so they had to get into dolls. I hate how corporate strategizing is so utterly transparent. "How can we get more of their money? I know, turn all the ponies that they already have into dolls so they have to buy them AGAIN!" 
  • We've already discussed with Tessa how we're not buying them again.
  • Why do all Barbie-esque dolls, now including the MLP dolls, wear only mini skirts? Why are there no other sartorial options? Mini-skirts are so impractical. Also I don't like the subtle message that you have to wear a mini skirt if you want to look cute. If that carries over into tween-hood so help me........I guess there are also dolls in ball gowns, so there are two options for looking cute. Just like in real life! 
  • I've gotten several junk mail ads this week from stores like Express and Limited, and all their holiday party dresses are mini dresses. Half the models are bare-legged. It's freaking winter outside! Why are you selling clothes that will make women freeze? Why do you hate women so much? Why do women buy this nonsensical garbage? Why do women hate themselves so much that they will voluntarily freeze their nether regions just to meet society's ideal of what is "cute"? And don't tell me tights make it all better, as if tights provide warmth in any way. I don't understand people. 
  • I loved Barbies so much as a kid. I turned out okay in spite of it I suppose. 
  • I may or may not have used My Little Pony to motivate Tess to be brave tonight about getting out a splinter..."Being brave means doing things you know you have to do even though you're scared. Do you think Twilight Sparkle was afraid when Sunset Shimmer was about to destroy the portal back to Equestria?"
  • We had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner. Tess wouldn't eat the ham on hers. George only ate the ham on his. They're both weirdos. 
  • I would like all my grilled cheese sandwiches henceforth to be made with fontina cheese. Holy cow it melts like a dream...
  • I have a hard time sticking to a grocery budget in part because I like to buy fancy things when I see them marked down. "OMG fontina cheese I've never had that! $3.99 instead of $8.99? Get in my cart!!"
  • I'm getting the munchies again writing about that sandwich. I might need to go make myself another one. "Working on my night cheese..."

No comments: