Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday movie night

Kids are in bed and Josh and I are starting a new Friday "classic" movie night tradition. My film literacy is woefully lacking. I grew up "in" the 80's, but not "of" the 80's, you could say. (Mormon joke.) Anyway, there are a lot of movies I haven't seen, and I'm closing in on 30 so it's about time to remedy that. I am using the term "classic" loosely - could be from any decade in the 20th century, really. There are a lot of "classics" that I've seen parts of, or I'm familiar with from pop culture references, but haven't actually watched the whole thing.

We are starting tonight with Groundhog Day. Never seen it! Also on my list from the 80's are E.T. and Ghostbusters. Never seen 'em! Any other recommendations? You name it...I probably haven't seen it.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

What!?!?! He didn't make you start with Buckaroo Bonzai?!?! Josh...I am disappointed!!

LeGrand said...

Your husband hasn't seen it either

M said...

Karate Kid? Short Circuit? I had never seen either of these movies until I dated J. He was appalled, since he watched them ad nauseum as a boy. But, then again, J never watched "The Sound of Music" as a child, and I couldn't comprehend that.

LeGrand said...

Short Circuit!!! That was one of my favorites. I bet she hasn't seen that. Whoop whoop! Come on Friday movie night!

Also, I judge all of you. Growing up, I could quote Karate Kid one minute and then bust out singing one of those horrible musicals the next.

So take that all of you that didn't watch as much TV as me. You should be ashamed...